Consonant blends and digraphs
- B.1 Complete the word with the correct initial consonant blend
- B.2 Complete the word with the correct final consonant blend
- B.3 Spell the word with a consonant blend
- B.4 Complete the word with the correct digraph: ch, sh, th
- B.5 Complete the word with the correct digraph: ph, qu, wh
- B.6 Spell the digraph word: ch, sh, th
- B.7 Spell the digraph word: ph, qu, wh
- B.8 Sort by initial consonant blend or digraph
- B.9 Complete the word with a three-letter consonant blend
- B.10 Complete the sentence with a three-letter consonant blend word
- B.11 Complete the words with silent letters
Short and long vowels
- D.1 Sort short and long vowel words
- D.2 Match the short a and long a words to pictures
- D.3 Match the short e and long e words to pictures
- D.4 Choose the short i or long i word that matches the picture
- D.5 Choose the short o or long o word that matches the picture
- D.6 Choose the short u or long u word that matches the picture
- D.7 Use spelling patterns to sort long and short vowel words
- D.8 Is the syllable open or closed?
- D.9 Spell words with open and closed syllables
- D.10 Complete the sentence with the correct -ild, -ind, -old, -olt or -ost word
- E.1 Choose the silent e word that matches the picture
- E.2 Complete the silent e words
- E.3 Spell the silent e word
- E.4 Choose the picture that matches the vowel digraph word
- E.5 Complete the vowel digraph words
- E.6 Complete the word with the correct vowel digraph
- E.7 Choose the vowel digraph sentence that matches the picture
- E.8 Choose the words with a given long vowel
- E.9 Spell the long a word: silent e, ai, ay
- E.10 Spell the long e word: ee, ea
- E.11 Spell the long i word: silent e, ie, y
- E.12 Spell the long o word: silent e, oa, ow
- E.13 Spell the long u word: silent e, ue, oo, ew
Diphthongs: oi, oy, ou, ow
- I.1 How many syllables does the word have?
- I.2 Sort by the number of syllables
- I.3 Put two syllables together to create a word
- I.4 Complete the two-syllable words
- I.5 Complete the sentence with a two-syllable word
- I.6 Choose the correct spelling of the consonant-l-e word
- I.7 Complete the consonant-l-e words
- I.8 Spell the consonant-l-e word
- K.1 Is the sentence a statement, question, command or exclamation?
- K.2 Identify the subject of a sentence
- K.3 Identify the predicate of a sentence
- K.4 Is it a complete sentence or a fragment?
- K.5 Is it a complete sentence or a run-on?
- K.6 Is it a complete sentence, a fragment or a run-on?
- K.7 Unscramble the words to make a complete sentence
- L.1 Select the nouns
- L.2 Which word is a noun?
- L.3 Identify nouns
- L.4 Sort common and proper nouns
- L.5 Identify common and proper nouns
- L.6 Form regular plurals with -s and -es
- L.7 Use regular plurals with -s and -es
- L.8 Use singular and plural nouns
- L.9 Is the noun singular or plural?
- L.10 Form and use irregular plurals
- L.11 Identify plurals, singular possessives and plural possessives
- L.12 Form the singular or plural possessive
- L.13 Identify and correct errors with plural and possessive nouns
- M.1 Identify personal pronouns
- M.2 Choose between subject and object personal pronouns
- M.3 Replace the singular noun with a personal pronoun
- M.4 Replace the plural noun with a personal pronoun
- M.5 Compound subjects and objects with "I" and "me"
- M.6 Choose the correct personal pronoun
- M.7 Identify possessive pronouns
- M.8 Use possessive pronouns
- M.9 Choose between personal and reflexive pronouns
- M.10 Use reflexive pronouns
- N.1 Use action verbs
- N.2 Identify action verbs
- N.3 Identify helping verbs
- N.4 One or more than one?
- N.5 Use the correct subject or verb
- N.6 Pronoun-verb agreement
- N.7 Which sentence is in the regular past tense?
- N.8 Identify verbs in the regular past tense
- N.9 Form and use the regular past tense
- N.10 Change the sentence to future tense
- N.11 Identify the irregular past tense I
- N.12 Identify the irregular past tense II
- N.13 Form and use the irregular past tense: set 1
- N.14 Form and use the irregular past tense: set 2
- N.15 Form and use the irregular past tense: set 3
- N.16 Form and use the irregular past tense: set 4
- N.17 Complete the word with the ending that you hear
- N.18 Match the -ed and -ing sentences to the pictures
- N.19 To be: use the correct present tense form
- N.20 To be: use the correct past tense form
- N.21 To be: use the correct form
- N.22 To have: use the correct form
- N.23 Place sentences with irregular verbs on a timeline
- N.24 Is the sentence in the past, present or future tense?
Adjectives and adverbs
- P.1 Use sense words
- P.2 Does the adjective tell you what kind or how many?
- P.3 Identify the adjective that describes the noun
- P.4 Identify adjectives
- P.5 Identify comparative and superlative adjectives
- P.6 Does the adverb tell you how, when or where?
- P.7 Identify adverbs
- P.8 Choose between adjectives and adverbs
- P.9 Is the word an adjective or adverb?
Transitions and sequence
Capitalisation and formatting
- V.1 Use context to identify the meaning of a word
- V.2 Choose the synonym
- V.3 Which sentence has the same meaning?
- V.4 Find synonyms in context
- V.5 Choose the antonym
- V.6 Which sentence uses an antonym?
- V.7 Find antonyms in context
- V.8 Sort words into categories
- V.9 Find the words with related meanings
- V.10 Which word is not like the others?
- V.11 Describe the difference between related words
- V.12 Order related words based on meaning
- V.13 Form compound words
- V.14 Form and use compound words
- V.15 Multiple-meaning words with pictures
- V.16 Homophones with pictures
- V.17 Identify homophones
- V.18 Use the correct homophone
- V.19 Identify base words, prefixes and suffixes
- V.20 Determine the meaning of a word with pre-, re- or mis-
- V.21 Use the prefixes pre-, re- and mis-
- V.22 Determine the meaning of a word with -ful or -less
- V.23 Prefixes and suffixes: review